Saturday, October 4th
Just across the Hudson River from Manhattan there are some great locations that offer amazing photo opportunities of the NYC skyline – and what better time of day to capture this skyline then at sunset.
Michael S. Miller will instruct you on how to capture the fleeting light as the sun is setting behind you and casting a glow on the canyons and skyscrapers of the Big Apple. Michael will provide you with the hands on learning experience of capturing the light through long exposures as the sunset and the New York skyline begins to illuminate.
All registrants must have a DSLR or advanced point and shoot camera that enables them to set their camera to manual allowing them complete control of their shutter speed and aperture (f-stops) settings. See below for additional equipment requirements and suggestions.
What equipment you need to bring (required)
- Digital SLR or an advanced digital point and shoot camera
- Fully charged batteries AND an extra set of fully charged batteries
- Minimum of 4GB memory card
- Shutter release cable, remote of wireless shutter release
- Neutral density filter
- Neutral density gradient filters
- A selection of focal length lenses ranging from 24mm-300mm