February 25 – March 3, 2018
Visions Photographic Workshops is a Authorized Permittee of the National Park Service
Text, call or email Beverly for more information:
February 25 – March 3, 2018
Experience the wonders of a winter expedition in Yellowstone with Beverly and Michael of Visions Photographic Workshops. Explore the beauty of winter in our oldest national park, a creative winter wonderland with it’s mineral pools burning through the snow, elk and bison enjoying the warm thermal basins and the glistening of the white landscape everywhere you turn.
Experience the wonders of Yellowstone in the solitude of winter. Winter in Yellowstone means transportation by snow coach, snowshoes or cross country skis! Be one of the few to enjoy the frozen rivers, lakes, and waterfalls, and herds of shaggy bison wandering the steaming geyser basins. Private heated snow coach within the park provides for a warm place between photography excursions in the frigid winter temperatures of Yellowstone National Park.
- 3 nights at the Old Faithful Snow Lodge just steps from Old Faithful Geyser and the Upper and Lower Geyser Basin.
- 2 nights at Mammoth Hot Springs Hotel adjacent to a unique thermal area on a hill of travertine. Mammoth Hot Springs is the Park headquarters and features some of the oldest buildings in the park.
- Photography exploration to West Thumb Geyser Basin. Focus on steaming, mineral pools, with sapphire, emerald and violet hues and the possibility of a bison encounter.
- Grand Canyon of Yellowstone, where winter adds magic to an already magnificent landscape. Venture to the rim of the amazing canyon to capture images of its thundering waterfall and the ice arches that forms from the spray.
- Yellowstone’s wildlife; elk, bison, the elusive gray wolf of the Lamar Valley and the playful otter and soaring eagles.
- The sun sets early and the night skies are twinkling with more stars than you have ever seen.
- Evenings are spent gathered around a roaring fire at the Lodge sharing the day’s experience with a glass of wine and local treats.
Sunday, February 25- Saturday, March 3, 2018
Price includes: accommodations from Sunday, February 25 – Saturday, March 3, 2018.
Ground transportation from Bozeman to Yellowstone National Park, all transportation within Yellowstone NP and Mammoth Hot Springs to the Bozeman Airport.
Does not include any meals. alcohol or miscellaneous expenses.
WiFi and cell phone service is limited.
As always this exploration is designed for a small, intimate group. Accommodations and park transportations allows for 4-6 photographers and/or guests.
Visions Photographic Workshops is fully permitted by the National Park Service.
Expedition leaders Beverly and Michael are certified in FA/CPR and back country medicine.
Three additional 25% payments due on:
Sunday, February 25th – Fly into Bozeman, MT, stay at a Bozeman hotel.
Monday, February 26th – Travel from Bozeman, Montana to Yellowstone National Park along the Yellowstone River in a private coach to the Mammoth Hot Springs Hotel. Along the way we will be enjoying the scenery looking for antelope, bald eagles, big horn sheep and more. The Mammoth Hot Spring Hotel is a historic national park lodge, and we will have time to explore and photograph amid the steaming, colorful mineral spring terraces surrounded by pure white snow.
Tuesday, February 27th – Private heated snow coach journey from the Mammoth Hot Springs Hotel to the Old Faithful Snow Lodge. This is a full day exploration that will allow us time to photograph vast views of winter snowscapes, geyser basins and frozen cascades while crossing the Continental Divide.
Wednesday, February 28th – Private full day heated snow coach journey from the Old Faithful Snow Lodge to north central Park areas. A full day of photography while exploring winter in Yellowstone.
Thursday, March 1st – Private full day heated snow coach journey from Old Faithful Snow Lodge to the south central Park areas. A full day of photography while exploring winter in Yellowstone.
Friday, March 2nd – Private heated snow coach journey from the Old Faithful Snow Lodge to the Mammoth Hot Springs Hotel for the evening. A full day of photography while exploring winter in Yellowstone.
Saturday, March 3rd – Shuttle departs the Mammoth Hot Springs Hotel @ 8:30am to Bozeman Airport.